Dysphagia Feeding recipe by Preston Walker
Moroccan Lamb Tagine with Cous-Cous
- 1tbsp Veg oil
- 1200g Lamb mince
- 200g Diced onion
- 125g Chopped dried apricots
- 40g Tomato puree
- 10g Ground cumin
- 500g Homepride curry sauce
- 300g Semolina
- 6g Ground cumin
- Pinch salt
- 1400ml Boiling water (can be fortified with stock instead of water)
Method for Descriptor C
- Heat oil and fry the onion (without colour) for 3-4 minutes
- Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes until the mince has browned
- Add the cumin, tomato puree and dried apricots
- Pour in the Homepride curry sauce then cover and simmer for 1 hour until the meat is tender
- Blend to a smooth puree and check consistency
For the Cous-Cous
- Add the water/stock to a pan and bring to the boil
- Gradually whisk in the semolina, salt and cumin to the water
- Reduce the heat and cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly until thickened
Top the semolina with the lamb and serve with thickened natural yoghurt
Herb Crusted Cod
- 80g Whirl
- 120g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 4 x 150g cod fillets
To Serve the Dish:
- Heat the Whirl in a frying pan, add the breadcrumbs until brown and crisps. Remove and cool.
- When cool add the basil and mix thoroughly.
- Take the four pieces of fish and place on a baking tray.
- Divide the breadcrumbs mixture into four and pile onto each piece of fish.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 220°C, Gas mark 7 for eight minutes.
Serve with boiled potatoes and vegetables.